I am SO excited today to be sharing one of my favorite pasta dishes with y’all! I made it pretty much on accident one day just using up ingredients I had in the fridge, and have made it a bunch of times since. Even my super picky husband who swore he hated mushrooms for years LOVES this dish! Turns out, he doesn’t hate mushrooms. Like at all. He kinda loves them as much as I do. Which is great for me because I now have an additional ingredient to experiment with in the kitchen!
Creamy Mushroom Pasta
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook time:30 minutes Yield: 5-6 servings
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 lb sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup parmesan
- 1 lb pasta, cooked
- Melt butter in pan over medium high heat. Once melted, add onion and saute for five minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano. Let simmer for five minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cover, and let simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk and parmesan and let simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove sauce from heat, and add to pasta.
- Mix, serve, and enjoy!
Let me know if you try out this recipe, and if you made any modifications! For example, I use unsweetened almond milk because that is just we use for everything in my home, and the recipe turns out great. I once made it with two percent cow’s milk, and it pretty much tasted the exact same. Like I said earlier, this recipe happened on accident, so I am sure there is room for improvement! I love changing recipes up, especially if it is for the better, so please leave if a comment if you do.